WHAT A WEEK. If you follow me on social media, you know that I’ve been having quite an exciting time these past few days. I just returned from California after a quick trip to see my friend, Bob Goff, during his Dream Big workshop. It was such a refreshing time spent with new friends, and I was reminded how encouraging it is to be around with people who are exploring new opportunities and ideas. If you are even remotely interested in learning more about the workshops hosted at The Oaks with Bob Goff, you can click here! Now that I’m back home, and excited to share a simple and comforting recipe that I’ve been playing around with lately: this bourbon pecan granola.
This bourbon pecan granola tastes like home. Sweetened semi-naturally with maple syrup and brown sugar, this morning source of crunch is loaded with coconut, pecans, dried cherries, and rolled oats. The bourbon, although fully cooked off during the baking, remains a subtle background flavor that anyone with a palate for that kind of liquid gold will be able to sniff out quickly. For everyone else, flavors of caramel or butterscotch might pop out, making this granola a decadent, but not heavy, way to start your morning.
To make this bourbon pecan granola, we start by combining the dry ingredients. Oats, flaked coconut, and chopped pecans are tossed together in a large bowl before we add in the melted liquid ingredients: maple syrup, brown sugar, and olive oil. Toss to combine and then bake, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is dry and golden brown. Once out of the oven, add in the chopped dried cherries and allow to cool completely. This bourbon pecan granola is best consumed within 2 weeks but can be frozen for up to 6 months in a freezer-safe container… not that it will last that long.
Happy Friday and thanks for popping by! I hope you all give this bourbon pecan granola try. 🙂
If you like this bourbon pecan granola you should try:Print
Bourbon Pecan Granola
This bourbon pecan granola is loaded with flaked coconut, pecans, and dried cherries, and flavored with maple syrup and bourbon!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 Quarts
- 2–3/4 cups (250 gm) rolled oats
- 1 cup (110 gm) pecans, chopped
- 1 cup (60 gm) unsweetened coconut chips
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup (100 gm) maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (60 gm) extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ½ cup (100 gm) brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup (50 gm) dried cherries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the oats, pecans, coconut chips, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan on the stove over low heat, stir to combine the maple syrup, olive oil, and brown sugar. Stir regularly and remove from heat when the brown sugar has dissolved. Stir in the bourbon. Pour the syrup mixture over the oat mixture and stir to toss evenly. Spread the mixture out onto a large sheet pan and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so. Once the mixture is barely golden and dry, remove from the oven. Toss in the cherries and seal in a large bag or tupperware once cool.