Have you been wondering what holiday treat to make? Are you in need of a terrific tasting last minute cookie to share with the out of town crazies, next door neighbors, and hostesses you’ll be interacting with over the next few days? WELL LOOK WHAT WE HAVE HERE: a list of must-bake cookies and a brand new recipe for white chocolate peppermint cookies. They’re festive, deliciously chewy, and even have an option to be vegan if you’re into that sort of thing. Could this be the prom queen cookie of Christmas 2019? I’ll let you decide, but first, here’s a few old faves.
- Muscovado Chocolate Chip Cookies Muscovado sugar makes these cookies intensely rich and complex in flavor.
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies This is my Mimi’s recipe that I grew up eating. Soft, fluffy cookies with a thick frosting- an absolutely perfect choice for the kiddos to help decorate.
- Cookies and Cream Cookies I took chocolate sandwich cookies and revamped them into white chocolate chip drop cookies. Basically a cookie in a cookie. #miracleshappen
- Citrus Shortbread Zesty citrus and and a sweet glaze adorn these buttery shortbread cookies.
- Cookies and Cream Sandwich Cookies Yep, it’s the same cookie from #3, but I stuffed it with frosting. GENIUS.
- Raspberry Lemon Linzer Cookies Soft sugar cookies are scented with lemon zest and stuffed with raspberry jam. Perfect for those fruit flavor lovers.
- Peanut Butter Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies An all-time favorite cookie of mine. It’s sweet, salty, and loaded with texture.
- Espresso Caramel Thumbprint Cookies The traditional thumbprint cookie is given a grown-up makeover with an espresso-scented caramel and sea salt.
- Candied Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies A unique twist on the classic chocolate chipper.
- Toffee Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies Chocolate and coffee is always a win. These have so much flavor.
- Brown Sugar Shortbread Perfect for gifting and a great option to use with cookie cutters!
- Peppermint Olive Oil Chocolate Cookies Mint and chocolate is my favorite pairing since PB&J.
- Funfetti Cookies These plus Christmas sprinkles would be seriously festive!
- Mint Chocolate Sandwich Cookies Brett’s favorite cookie. A simple chewy chocolate cookie filled with a mint ganache. YUM.
- Fluffernutter Cookies Marshmallows, chocolate chunks, and peanut butter join forces to make a fun and nostalgic cookie that is VEGAN.
- Triple Chocolate Cookies Triple the chocolate, triple the flavor, triple the fun.
Okay, have I whet your appetite? Are you ready for the main event? These white chocolate peppermint cookies are chewy with crunchy bits of peppermint throughout. The white chocolate pairs deliciously with the minty candies, and (BONUS!) these cookies can be made 100% vegan. The recipe is a play on my favorite vegan chocolate chunk cookies, so you can expect the same toothy bites and decadent flavors throughout. All of the ingredients can be combined in a single bowl and the entire recipe takes less than 30 minutes from start to end of baking.
If you’d like to keep these white chocolate peppermint cookies vegan, be sure to snag some vegan white chocolate and peppermint candy pieces at the store. In my research, I found that Brach’s brand peppermints were vegan, but if you’re not set on making a vegan cookies, no problem! Just use whichever white chocolate chips/bars and mints/candy canes that you prefer. I tested this recipe with a couple of different varieties and had no problems. Do note that any candy pieces you press on top of the cookies will get tacky and chewy over time if exposed at room temperature for a long time. If you plan to serve them quickly, go ahead and leave some candies on top of your rounds of dough, otherwise just mix them right into the batter.
I hope the next few days are merry and bright in your home. Merry Christmas to you guys and HAPPY BAKING!Print
White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies (With Option For Vegan Too!)
These white chocolate peppermint cookies are a festive vegan option for your holiday table!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Cookies
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup (80 gm) coconut oil, firm not liquid
- 6 tablespoons organic brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1–1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons (180 gm) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup vegan white chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed vegan peppermint candies, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare one or two large baking sheets with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Combine the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and set aside for at least five minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil, cane sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla, beating on medium speed just until combined, about 30 seconds. Add the flaxseed mixture and beat just to combine. Add the flour, soda, baking powder, and salt and stir just to combine. Add the white chocolate and stir to combine.
- Scoop out small balls (I use a medium cookie scoop) of dough and place them two inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven about 9 minutes or until the cookies have set around the edges. Quickly remove the sheet pan from the oven and sprinkle the tops of each generously with crushed peppermint candies. Return to the oven for one more minute or until set and allow to cool completely before enjoying.