If words like Mom’s Homemade Bread don’t stop you in your tracks, you just haven’t had it like my Mom’s. Growing up, my mom didn’t spend a whole lot of time in the kitchen, but homemade sandwich bread was a speciality that I have relished over the years, so much so that I included a recipe inspired by hers in my new book, “Her Daily Bread.” Today, in honor of my mom and all the woman who we will honor in a couple of weeks for Mother’s Day, I’m sharing a simple recipe in addition to a fabulous gift guide for the moms who have it all. First up: the gifts!
- A Potted Tree. Lately, I’ve been super excited about fresh greenery in my home. If you’ve got a mom with a green thumb and a brightly lit home, consider a tree that will grow well indoors like this arbequina olive tree. If she doesn’t have a green thumb, no sweat- just consider a faux one instead.
- Floral Dinnerware. I’m head over heels in love with Williams-Sonoma’s new Famille Rose Dinnerware collection. Any mom with an eye for soft colors and feminine florals will love these on her spring and summer table!
- Personalized Stationary. The gift that keeps on giving, in my opinion, is always stationary. I’ve loved these watercolor notecards that come in a variety of prints (with quick printing and shipping too!)
- Adirondak Chairs. Durable outdoor seating was a gift of choice for our parents last year, and I loved them so much that I’ve decided to invest in a set of my own. Polywood is durable even in wet outdoor climates and is resistant to fading too!
- Floral Earrings. I’m in love with these simple gold hoops. The resin flowers are interchangeable and come in a variety of colors to match Mom’s favorites.
- Airy Button-down Sundress. This pale blue dress from Zara is one of my favorite spring purchases- comfortable, lightweight, and not at all form-fitting.
- Radiance Face Mask. I’ve been supporting Tata Harper products here for a long time now, and this gentle mask for sensitive skin is one of my new favorites- perfect for pampering a hardworking mama!
- Rattan Purse. With summer just around the corner, give mom a gift she’ll hold close anytime she leaves the house.
- Her Daily Bread. With 365 daily readings, many that reflect family, motherhood, and womanhood, Her Daily Bread is a thoughtful gift for any woman on Mother’s Day.
- Stoneware Canisters. Are they for the kitchen? The bathroom? For the craft room or decoration? Who cares! These canisters from Crate and Barrel are beautiful and would make a great gift for Mom.
I adore this recipe inspired by my Mom’s homemade bread. The wonderful thing about recipes that are even kinda handed-down is that newer generations get to enjoy them. I love getting to make this bread for my own family, especially know how loaves of it used to feed me in my own mom’s kitchen.
I’m keeping today’s post short and sweet, but you can read more about this recipe in my new book, Her Daily Bread, which is available everywhere. (Bonus: it contains over 50 other delightful recipes that are ready to share!) Check out a copy at your local bookstore or online here. Happy early Mother’s Day and happy baking to you all!
If you like this recipe for mom’s homemade bread, you should check out:Print
Mom’s Homemade Bread & a Mother’s Day Gift Guide!
This recipe, inspired by my mom’s homemade bread is a flavorful family favorite that make terrific sandwiches and even better toast!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 180
- Yield: 2 Small Loaves
- Category: Bread