Do you think there will come a time when we won’t welcome another perfect chocolate recipe into our arsenal of go-to’s? Will decadent slices of chocolatey goodness like this fudgy brownie tart ever not feel synonymous with holiday desserts? NOPE. Chocolate is here to stay, folks, and today I’m happy to be sharing a recipe that is worth making room for in your kitchen this coming Christmas season. This graham cracker crusted bit of brownie magic is a delicious make-ahead option for those gatherings you’ll be hosting and attending this year, and I can’t wait to tell you about it. Let’s dive in.
I love brownies. Whether they’re from a box, stuffed in an ice cream cake, or piled high with peppermint bark, brownies are my jam. Second only to a chocolate chip cookie (in my book, that is) brownies are an excellent go-to dessert-wise when we just need a sure thing. But what about those times when we’re feeling fancy or when we’re wanting something a little bit out of the box? This fudgy brownie tart is a terrific option for those moments when you need a dessert that shines but is bound to make people feel great. Here, a simple graham cracker crust adds salt and texture to the rich fudgy interior. The filling, made up of butter, melted chocolate, and sugar, benefits from the addition of Red Diamond Classic Coffee which adds an extra layer of flavor and intensity to this already bomb dessert. The small bit of brewed coffee allows the chocolate to taste more chocolatey, and the dessert as a whole develops in complexity. Truly, coffee and chocolate make a beautiful duo.
To make this fudgy brownie tart, we start with the crust. Crushed graham crackers, melted butter, brown sugar, and salt make up the bulk of the sweet and salty crumble. If you’re in the mood, you can throw in a tablespoon of that Red Diamond coffee for an extra bit of mocha flavor. The mixture gets pressed into the bottom of a fluted tart pan with a removable bottom and baked briefly while we mix up the filling. Chocolate and butter are melted together first and then eggs and sugar are whipped together in a large bowl. Whisk in the chocolate mixture and then fold in the dry ingredients. Finally, a pour of brewed coffee is added to the batter that comes together in a brownie-like consistency. I’d highly recommend a little extra coffee here because you know it’s going to taste delicious with the tart.
The final product is a simple fudgy brownie tart that feels special enough for your favorite events but easy enough for a weekday treat. You can feel free to top it with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream, but I prefer it with a single fork and a great cup of coffee. Many thanks to Red Diamond for sponsoring today’s post. I’m very happy to be able to partner with an Alabama local, family-owned company! Red Diamond offers the finest ground and whole bean coffee in a variety of blends, all slow-roasted from 100% Arabica coffee beans. Their classic blend is perfect for including in baked goods like this fudgy brownie tart, and it’s delicious enough to enjoy as a beverage alongside it. Check out their products at a store near you, and thank you for supporting brands that make Wood and Spoon possible. Happy baking to you all and have a great week!
If you like this fudgy brownie tart you should try:
Fudgy Brownie Tart
This fudgy brownie tart has a rich chocolate center and a sweet and salt graham cracker crust. Tastes like brownie batter!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
For the crust:
- 1/3 cup (70 gm) brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups (200 gm) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons (100 gm) unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 6 tablespoons (90 gm) unsalted butter
- ½ cup (125 gm) chopped dark chocolate (70%)
- ¾ cup (150 gm) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup (35 gm) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (30 gm) cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup strong-brewed Red Diamond coffee
To prepare the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350. Whisk together the brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Add the melted butter and stir until well combined. Press the crumbs into the bottom and sides of a 9-10” tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake in the preheated oven for 9 minutes or until set. In the meantime, prepare your filling.
To prepare the filling:
- In a double boiler or heavy bottomed pot set over low heat, gently melt the butter and dark chocolate, stirring regularly, until melted completely. In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and eggs until pale and slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Gently fold in the melted butter and chocolate mixture and then fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir in the coffee just until combined and then pour the batter into the prepared crust. Bake in the oven until the top is set and only barely jiggles in the center, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting.