Saturday mornings are best served with a side of delicious breakfast: bagels, eggs, maybe even homemade danishes if you’re feeling fancy. Maybe you’re the kind that chugs a smoothie before a long morning at the gym. Or perhaps you’re the brunching type who likes to sleep in, waking just in time for a mimosa and an ambitiously portioned steak frites (Hey, I’m not here to judge.) I don’t know what your weekends look like, but in our house, Saturday mornings start the same way they do every other day of the week: EARLY. Snacks like this funfetti loaf make waking up on a Saturday a tiny bit easier, so let’s get right to the recipe.
If I had to pick a favorite genre of baked good, there’s a sincere chance I’d land somewhere in the vicinity of funfetti. That nostalgic flavor of vanilla, sprinkles, and a hint of mix cake mix is so comforting and delicious to me. Somehow, I’ve made it so many years on this site without making a funfetti loaf, and I figured it was high time we rectified that. Today’s recipe is a simple quick bread made in a single bowl that serves as a great breakfast or snack. If sprinkles for breakfast sound great to you too, let’s talk about how to make it.
Making Funfetti Loaf
To make this funfetti loaf, we start with fats and sugar. Butter, oil, sugar, and brown sugar come together in a bowl. The oil adds moisture while the butter adds flavor. Next comes three eggs and a splash of clear vanilla extract. Clear vanilla offers that box mix flavor we all know and love. After combining, we toss in the dry ingredients, a little buttermilk, and sprinkles. I typically buy the grocery store rainbow sprinkles, but you can opt for another variety if you’d like. The batter spoons into a prepared loaf pan before baking just shy of an hour.
The end result is a sweet, fluffy, and seriously moist loaf of bread. It keeps well for a couple of days and is crazy simple to make. If you’ve been wondering how to up the ante on your weekend baking, this funfetti loaf is definitely an easy way to jump in. Give it a try and let me know what you think! Happy Saturday and Happy Baking!
If you like this recipe you should try:Print
This funfetti loaf is a fluffy and colorful quick bread that makes a great breakfast or snack!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 Loaf
- Category: Breakfast
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9×5” loaf pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, oil, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add the clear vanilla and stir to combine. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl; stir together. Add half of the dry ingredients to the butter bowl. Stir on low until almost combined. Add the milk and stir. Scrape the sides of the bowl and stir in the remaining dry ingredients on low. Fold in the sprinkles and spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake* in the oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. *Note: If using a dark nonstick pan, immediately lower the oven temp down to 325 upon putting the loaf in the oven. Bake until the top has domed slightly and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.