This is it! The summeriest week of the year! If you guys aren’t already knee-deep in ice cream cones and barbecue and watermelon slices, it’s time. Since I already shared one recipe earlier this week, I thought I’d keep it short and sweet today with this pineapple ginger rum punch. This is a seriously beachy cocktail- perfect for all of y’all spending the holiday weekend in the sand or on the water. In addition, I wanted to pass along some of my personal favorite recipes to make during these toasty months. There’s still time to make each and every one of these, so get after it!
Favorite Summer Desserts
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect make-ahead treat to keep cool with all summer long!
- This Blueberry Sour Cream Pie has the perfect balance of sweetened fruit and tangy cream filling.
- If you happen to be serving a small crowd, this strawberry slab pie is the way to go.
- Although I almost always go no-churn, this blueberry mascarpone ice cream makes pulling out the ice cream maker 100% worth it.
- Summer barbecues are almost synonymous with banana pudding, and this caramelized banana pudding is over the top!
Favorite Summer Savories
- Despite its name, this Texas Hot Sauce is not too hot or from Texas, but it is the BEST hotdog topping ever.
- This tomato galette is the perfect way to use up all those fresh tomatoes from the farmer’s market.
- This corn dip is the best appetizer/snack for those outdoor summer gatherings, especially this time of year when the corn is extra sweet!
- I use this pan-roasted fish recipe for basically any fresh seafood I get my hands on during the summer.
- I almost always grill burgers outside on the fourth, but these classic smashed burgers are my indoor rain plan. Make them yours too!
Favorite Summer Cocktail Recipes
- Summer water meets summer fruit with these rosé popsicles!
- By far, one of my favorite marg recipes is this honey basil margarita. Perfectly sweetened and seriously refreshing!
- If you took a mojito and added tequila and grapefruit, these grapefruit tejitos would be the product. They’re delightful!
- Bourbon doesn’t usually go hand in hand with summer cocktails, but this recipe for a Bufala Negra is great on warm weather days!
- Summer Brew is maybe the first cocktail I ever made, and guess what- it’s still great. Make a batch of these for the holiday weekend!
Pineapple Ginger Rum Punch
While we’re talking cocktails, let me introduce the pineapple ginger rum punch. This is a boat drink if I’ve ever had one- sweet summer pineapple combines with rum and the bright zesty flavors of ginger liquor and lime. Together, the end product is a great make-ahead cocktail that you can pour over a Yeti cup filled with ice ALL DAY LONG. It’s sweetness is balanced by the addition of citrus, and if you’re feeling extra fancy, you can muddle some mint in there too! The world is your oyster! Have a terrific holiday weekend. Stay safe, stay cool, and definitely enjoy one of the summery recipes on this list. Happy 4th, friends!Print
Pineapple Ginger Rum Punch (and a Short Summer Recipe Round-up!)
Pineapple juice, lime juice, ginger liquor, and rum combine to make a beachy cocktail perfect for summer days!
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Cocktail
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- ½ ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce ginger liquor
- 1 ounce rum
- Whipped cream, if desired
- In a tall shaker, combine pineapple juice, lime juice, ginger liquor, and rum and top with ice. Shake for 20 seconds and then pour into a short glass. Top with a dollop of whipped cream! For a stronger cocktail, skip the ice shaking and pour directly over ice.
5 thoughts on “Pineapple Ginger Rum Punch (and a Short Summer Recipe Round-up!)”
When you say ginger liquor, is this a ginger syrup or an alcohol?
it’s an alcohol!
Funny, my husband and I just went through our rum selection and have all different kinds, including a full bottle of Blue Chair Bay Coconut Rum (the best coconut rum, IMO). We may have to try your drink recipe with that. Thanks.
Hooray! I’m thrilled to hear this!
You know I am making this ASAP