I could not be more basic. Truly, we had one evening of *slightly* chilly weather, and I am suddenly dreaming of fall. Give me tissue turtlenecks and riding boots if it means we can rid ourselves of summer heat. To celebrate the change of seasons, I have two goodies to share with you today. First, a fall shopping guide, full of a few new favorites and things I’m eyeing. Secondly, a sun-dried tomato quiche recipe from my book, Her Daily Bread. Let’s get after it!
- Organic Pima Robe Cozy up in cooler temps with these ultra-soft robes from Lake.
- Le Creuset Stock Pot It’s chili season! Snag this stunning pot for all your soups!
- Tanning Water Keep the summer glow all year long with my FAVE new facial mist.
- Le Labo Home Fragrance This cult-favorite scent smells rich and cozy.
- Champagne Bucket with Stand Celebrate the fall with a little bubbly and the prettiest bucket with stand!
- Ilia Serum Protect your skin throughout the fall with this lightweight serum.
- Wide Leg Denim Wide leg is where it’s at, and these jeans from Zara are a great price too!
- Her Daily Bread My first book! It contains tons of my favorite fall recipes and daily encouragement to go with it.
- Woven Fanny Pack Perfect for fall travels and tailgating!
- Botanical Bird Plates I think these autumnal bird plates and classic and charming!
- Cordless Lamps Light up your fall gatherings with these luxe cordless touch lamps with adjustable lighting!
- Suede Western Boots I’m told western is in- these boots from Madewell are the perfect tone for fall!
Sun-Dried Tomato Quiche
This recipe for sun-dried tomato quiche is from my first book, Her Daily Bread. (If you haven’t checked it out already, please do!) The recipe was inspired by my sister. A number of years ago, she asked a waiter what the “kweesh” of the day was. Even though she was maybe 12 at the time, I have not let her live it down since. Sorry, Cheney.
I adore the flavors of this sun-dried tomato quiche, so much so, that I made it for a brunch last weekend! I think it makes the perfect vegetarian option for any breakfast or brunch, but it’s rich enough to enjoy whenever. Flavored with feta, parmesan, and Italian herbs, this quiche is perfect anytime of the year, truly.
Making the Quiche
To make this quiche, we start with the crust. Here, I use my favorite pie crust. You can read all about my best tips on making homemade pie doughs here! Once par-baked, the remaining ingredients come together in a single bowl. Half and half, whole eggs, and herbs pour over the cheese and diced tomatoes. After a good bake, the slices are ready for enjoying.
What to Serve with Quiche
I like the serve quiche slices warm with a mixed green salad. This one tastes terrific with a sweet balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing. Quiche also makes a great accompaniment to soup or a stand-alone dish to serve with various brunch options. The best thing about quiche is that it’s flexible on temperature. Served hot or every just room temperature, it tastes good either way.
Give the sun-dried tomato quiche a try and let me know what you think! Happy baking and happy shopping!
If you like this sun-dried tomato quiche you should try:Print
Sun-Dried Tomato Quiche and a Few Fall Favorites!
This sun-dried tomato quiche is flavored with feta and parmesan cheese, Italian herbs, and a buttery pie crust!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 9 servings
- Category: Brunch