Mini Egg Brownies
Happy Sunday from the our little spring break corner of the world where we are winding up for Easter. We spent the week mostly at home, aside from a few glorious days that we stayed at the lake with friends. It was a quiet break, and I wouldn’t have it any other way, particular since spring is upon us. I’m mentally gearing up for the weeks ahead: Easter, birthdays, end of school year, and then… summer? Honestly, I have no idea where the time goes. For now, let’s stick with talking about Easter and these mini egg brownies.
If you ask me, Easter is the unsung hero of holidays. Maybe it’s my love of florals and pastel prints. Maybe it’s the memory of swirling colored Easter eggs in my Mimi’s teacups. Or maybe it’s my undying dedication to chocolate-shaped bunnies, Starburst Jellybeans, and the straight-up magic that is resurrection Sunday. Either way, Easter is a win for all the humans in our house, particularly when it comes to all the delicious treats. Today, I’m sharing these mini egg brownies, which are equal parts cute and yummy. If you’ve been looking for the perfect grab-and-go Easter dessert, these just might be the ticket!
Mini Egg Brownies
So, you guys have had Cadbury Mini Eggs, right? Aside from the real-deal Cadbury eggs, the mini egg candies are the single chocolate candy I get most excited about at Easter. The crisp candy shell, the soft pastel hue, and the seriously milky chocolate centers are absolutely to die for. So, logically, if one is trying to make a festive brownie for Easter, Cadbury Mini Eggs are the place to start.
To make these brownies, we start with a perfect brownie base recipe. My go-to chewy brownie recipe rivals even the best box mixes and comes together in less than five minutes. Once the batter is prepared, just chop (or crush!) up some mini eggs and fold them into the batter. I pressed a few egg pieces on the top to make sure that pretty color showed up too. The end result is a delightful chocolate treat with spring vibes to boot- truly a win-win.
Give these mini egg brownies a try and let me know what you think! Happy baking to you and Happy Sunday!
If you like these mini egg brownies you should try:
Easy Chewy Brownies
Caramel Ganache Brownies
Chocolate Cutout Cookies
Mini Egg Brownies
These mini egg brownies are homemade chewy chocolate brownies loaded with pastel Cadbury mini egg candies- perfect for Easter!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 16 Brownies
- Category: Dessert
- ½ cup unsalted butter, diced
- 1–1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mini eggs, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Farhenheit. Lightly grease a heavy weight 8” square baking pan and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and sugar and melt in the microwave for 30 second increments, stirring occasionally, until the butter is completely melted and the mixture is smooth. (It took me about 2 minutes of microwaving.) Alternatively, you can melt these together over a double boiler on the stove. Add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, stirring vigorously to combine. Add the flour, cocoa powder, , salt, and baking powder. Stir, just until combined. Fold in the chopped mini eggs and spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the top is puffed and a toothpick inserted to the center only comes out with moist sticky clumps. Allow to cool prior to cutting.