Gooey Funfetti Bars and the 10 Best Sprinkle Desserts to Try ASAP
Guess who has two thumbs, a sweet tooth, and a never-ending love for sprinkles?! THIS GUY. Yes, it’s true, my blood runs thick with whatever delightful compounds are in store-bought sprinkles, so much so that I’ve decided to share a few favorites with you today. Since the conception of this site, I’ve shared
thousands about 30-ish recipes that call for sprinkles, but today we’re going to chat about the very best ten. On top of that, I’m sharing a brand new sprinkly recipe: gooey funfetti bars. Grab your ovens mitts, y’all– we’re going in.
10 Best Sprinkle Desserts to Try ASAP
- Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwich These melty treats feature chewy sprinkle cookies and a no-churn ice cream inside.
- Funfetti Cake My favorite classic funfetti cake has a soft and tender crumb with a sweet and tangy cake-flavored icing.
- Funfetti Loaf Sprinkles for breakfast?! Heck yes! This loaf is similar to a pound cake with loads of birthday cake flavor.
- Funfetti Cookies Classic funfetti cookies have been a hit on this site forever. If you haven’t tried them yet, DO IT.
- Funfetti Scones These sprinkle scones are a great weekend breakfast treat that get topped with a drizzled icing.
- Vegan Funfetti Cookies The classic cookies, but with a twist for vegans!
- Homemade Sprinkles Homemade sprinkles are the fun kitchen activity you never knew you needed. Try them ASAP!
- Funfetti Mini Cakes I love the pint-size of these mini cakes, although the whipped topping doesn’t hurt either.
- Sugar Cookie Double Doozies A copycat of those 1990’s mall faves, these cookies are the BOMB.
- Funfetti Biscuits More sprinkles for breakfast? You betcha. These ones are layered biscuits with a thick glaze
Gooey Funfetti Bars
So why did we need another sprinkle dessert? In truth, we didn’t but now that we have them, aren’t you kinda glad? These gooey funfetti bars likely fall in the blondie category. They’re gooey like an underbaked brownie, and feature a flaky delicate top and buttery insides. The bars are loaded with sprinkles and flavored with clear vanilla extract which offers cake mix flavor. I prefer these bars how I prefer my brownies: slightly underdone. But if you’d prefer, you can bake them a few minutes longer for a more cakey treat.
To make these gooey funfetti bars, start by stirring together melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Next comes two eggs and clear vanilla extract. Finally, the flour, leavening, and salt add in along with a whole bunch of rainbow sprinkles. The batter spreads into a square baking pan before a quick bake in the oven. Voila- gooey funfetti bars! The end result is a chewy, melt-in-your-mouth, super-rich treat that all sprinkle lovers will adore.
Give one (or ten!) of these treats a try this weekend. Happy baking to y’all!Print
Gooey Funfetti Bars
These gooey funfetti bars feature a sweet gooey center, colorful sprinkles, and soft texture. Make them in one bowl in less than 30 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 16-24, Depending on Size of Bars
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- ¾ cups rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line an 8” square metal pan with aluminum foil. Spray lightly with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Add the eggs and extract, stirring well to combine. Toss in the flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring until combined. Fold in the sprinkles.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for about 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few moist clumps. Allow to cool (or place in the fridge) until set completely and then slice. These bars are rich, so I recommend small squares. 😊