Ted Lasso Fans, REJOICE! Today is a quick and simple recipe honoring the show’s dessert of choice, biscuits. And im not talking about the flaky, layered American-style breakfast biscuits; I’m talking the English ones. COOKIES. If you want a simple, buttery treat that, quite literally, melts in your mouth, these Ted Lasso shortbread bars are for you! Let’s dive in.
About this time a couple of years ago, I shared a simple fail-proof shortbread cookie recipe that remains a favorite on this site. It truly never fails. In addition, we’ve made millionaire shortbread bars, peanut butter pretzel shortbread, and even lemon lavender shortbread cookies! But today’s recipe is new and as straight-forward as possible. These Ted Lasso shortbread bars contain just a few ingredients, requires no chilling time, and requires less than 5 minutes prep time.
Making the Bars
To make Ted Lasso shortbread bars, we start with butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar. The three ingredients come together in a bowl until smooth. Next, we add a single egg and stir until combined. Finally, we toss in a sprinkle of salt and all-purpose flour. The crumbly dough presses into a greased square pan and bakes for just over a half hour.
The end result for these shortbread bars is a buttery and lightly sweetened cookie that is thick and slightly chewy. They pair perfectly with a cup of coffee or a glass of red wine- basically whatever you decide to drink while watching your favorite show (which is obviously Ted Lasso). If you plan to watch the new season this month, be sure to make a batch of these for the viewing. Happy Baking!
If you like these Ted Lasso Shortbread Bars you should try:
Brownie Shortbread Bars
White Chocolate Ganache Shortbread
Crispy Millionaire Bars
Ted Lasso Shortbread Bars
These shortbread bars are inspired by the hit TV show, TED LESSO!
- Prep Time: 4
- Total Time: 40
- Yield: 24 Bars
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1–1/4 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1–3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line an 8” square pan with foil. Lightly grease it with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, powdered sugar, and brown sugar, beating on medium until smooth. Add the egg and stir on low to combine. Scrape the sides of the bowl, and add the flour and salt, stirring on low until the mixture comes together into moist clumps. Do not overmix. Dump the mixture into the prepared pans and use barely moistened fingertips to pat out the dough. If desired, sprinkle with a tablespoon of granulated sugar. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes (it took mine 38 minutes) or until the edges are set and the top is barely beginning to turn brown. Allow to cool completely prior to cutting and serving.